Wednesday, January 27, 2010

YES!!!!!

Four years ago today on January 27th, 2006, my love while on bended knee asked for my hand in marriage. "YESS!!" was my reply :)


He took me for a beautiful walk in the woods. This was particularly special to me because we loved talking walks together and because even in the middle of winter we were surrounded by the beauty of God's creation.


This spot overlooked the city of Philadelphia where he was presently attending college.


The hand which he now possesses.



Exactly two years later on the 27th of January 2008, here I am waiting for my ship to come in. I really like this picture because I think it artistically shows how I felt those six months fenced away from my love. How fitting that on the anniversary of our engagement my husband returns from his sixth month deployment!! (My favorite blog post.) He surely knows how to give great anniversary presents:)




Together!!


Here I am visiting him on his ship during his duty day a few days after he came home.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE the picture of you waiting for him. it's like something out of a romantic movie. you need to frame it bc it says a lot about who you are as a navy wife.

    i can see a change in your appearance from the pic 4 years ago. i don't want to say you look older or grown, but different. all in a good way though. kinda like when you see someone in their teens and then as a young adult, they look older but still are young. you know what i mean? very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L, you are such a beautiful person inside and out. I think met you once or twice in person briefly when you visited your mom's class last year but just reading your blog I feel like I have known you for years. You are a good blogger with the way you express your feelings and when you love something or someone and how you share it. Thanks and it makes me smile. Thanks for sharing your Anniversary and wedding memories and I'm just reading this tonight. I know some military wives and know it is hard when they are gone for so long and you seem to handle it so well even when you may feel sad and alone. Have a great weekend if we don't "talk" before then. SLE
    P.S. As you know Avocado was my boys first "solid" food! Good brain food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much. You are so sweet.

    MJ, I thought the same thing when I was looking at these old pictures. My face has changed even in its bone structure.

    SLE, thank you so much for saying what you did. My main reason for this blog is to keep my family and friends up to date with what we are doing. I also love that it is a family record to look back on years from now, and I also think of it as a great way for new friends to get to know who I am really quickly. Military often equals new friends as we move.

    I feel as if I am on a avacado mission- trying to tell the world how wonderful they are for babies and how easy for mommies. We go through avacados around here like water :) baby food, salads, sandwiches, dip

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR