Sunday, January 31, 2010

Welcome to Her Crib

Baby girl's nursery has been a work in progress for a while now (before pictures here and here), yet it is finally all finished!! I love it to pieces!! ( Pro pictures really make it sparkle extra pretty :)

Baby in her Caroline crib. I call it my forever crib because I dearly want it to last through all our children (many may they be!!! :). This dream nursery set was a generous present from hubby that we were able to afford as we found it amazingly discounted and used our baby's tax deduction.

The picture above her crib is the two of us right after her baptism.
I used my military discount at the goodwill to get this beautiful mirror and had the fun of painting it silver from gold.



Her cradle which was in our room for her first seven months, and prints that I took out of Maud Humphrey's Mother Goose book. I bought the 2005 edition on ebay for sixteen dollars and got over twenty prints rather than paying thirty-five dollars a print at art.com.

The dress on the wall is my mother's baptismal gown. It means so much to me to have my mother's dress in my baby's room. On the tall dresser there is a bowl from our wedding, a vase from her baby shower, my baby cup, her baby cup, books, a maternity picture, and a sonogram picture.
I really love how these plaques (a clearance bargain) frame the french doors to her nursery.

This is a before picture taken in October 2008.


This is how it looked on move in day in March 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR