Saturday, November 21, 2009

And the Birthday Festivities Begin : )

Here is the birthday girl surrounded by her girlfriends and a cute little boy hiding behind her. My dear little girl is turning one!!!

Happy Birthday, my sweetie! We love you and thank God for you everyday!!

I had a blast making baby's MM fondant covered cake. I would love to make all my kid's cakes and can't wait for little hands to help me decorate. Making MM fondant is easy, inexpensive, and would be really fun for kids. I felt like I was playing with play-dough.

I was really pleased with how neat the fondant looked my first time around even though I did make it too thick. The rest of the vanilla cake and buttercream icing were too sweet for me. Do you have any favorite cake and frosting recipes. If so, please share :)

Here is baby patting her cake. That is as close as she got to a cake smash. lol.
For the invites, I made a collage through Picasa and then printed them at Sam's.

As it was a tea luncheon, I served cucumber sandwiches, pigs in a blanket, mini quiches, scones, and blueberry muffins. Although it was mid November, it ended up being too warm for tea. How funny is that!
Here are the beautiful handmade cards. Aren't they adorable!! I LOVE that this group of friends generally does not exchange birthday presents. The best presents a little girl could ask for are her dear friends.
Our version of a cake smash- playing with the cake ribbons and pearls. Thank you to all who came to spend time with us in celebration of baby's first year of life!! I greatly enjoyed your fellowship. I cannot believe I threw my first birthday party for my own child!

10 comments:

  1. the cake is amazing! i can't believe you made it. it really makes me want to try to make fondant. fondant with butter cream is my favorite kind of cake. the baby's dress is beautiful/she looks adorable and it looks like she had a lot of fun. i so wish i was able to make it! thank you again for the invite :)can you believe our babes are one? what a blessing our little ones have been to us this past year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow L the cake looks so great, you did such a good job, I am going to show the girls that you made it I am sure they will love it, especially Ana, I always show her pictures of baby M because she loves them!

    -Perpetua

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks so nice. Great job, L. I can't wait to visit you, N, and the birthday girl, M (wow, M is one, where does the time go?). -JL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I that looks awesome!! great job.. LF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures. I have to have one of M with her girlfriends--that is too cute! She looked like she had a great time.
    You ARE the baker of the family. The cake came out amazing--I must try to make the fondant.
    Happy Birthday M!
    Happy 3rd Anniversary L&N. Love, MM

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW i cannot believe how cute the baby looked in the first picture with all the other little cuties!!!!! it looks SOOOO sweet i don't even have the words to express it!! i'm so glad you did this for her. congrats. and that cake looks VERY good. yum. you'd be proud of me, L. i made my first turkey ever this morning (well, most of it, anyway). it was quite an experience-- very domestic of me. love you! and love the baby's pink dress!!
    --DH

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Sweet pictures of baby with friends. Hope you can take the same picture next year..same kids, same spots...nice way to show them all growing...together.
    Lovely cake...amazing how the time flies , huh? It just goes faster and faster...soon that cake will say 11 and THEN 21!
    Enjoy EVERY minute .
    Happy Birthday, Little One!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely birthday party you made for M! She will treasure all these photos when she is older. We cant wait to see her eating her first meals over Thanksgiving. PR

    ReplyDelete
  9. the first picture with her and her friends is absolutely adorable- she looks SO happy. i can't wait to see M and wish her a happy birthday! - DL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi L! I just happened upon your blogspot. Happy Birthday to M! Lovely pics and a sweet party (loved the cake!) I have a yummy yellow cake recipe. Hope to see your dear family at Christmas! Love, KH

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR