Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday to Our Little Girl

Baby girl spent her first birthday the most delightful way possible. She was surrounded by those who love her. She celebrated with mama and daddy (whose presence we do not take for granted), both sets of grandparents, her two aunts and four uncles on her birthday and the four days following because of the Thanksgiving holiday. We were thankful most for being together. Dear family, thank you all so very much for coming. It was a delightful treat having you down with us and there to celebrate baby's first birthday. We all had a blast with you and are looking forward to your next visit. Baby girl would like to say...
Here are her gifts with my anniversary roses (Happy 3rd my dearest husband!!)
A huge gift from Grandma and Grandpa. Whatever could such a little girl need with such a large present?
It is a gorgeous highchair!! Thank you so much, Grandma and Grandpa! It is so lovely. This cherrywood Amish highchair was an especially fitting gift for our little girl on her first birthday because it was the day she was introduced to the world of solid food.
Our little girl at her new proper place at the dinner table.

Trying out her new seat and something they call a bib :)Giving avocado a try

Several people mentioned how unique it was of me to start her on avocado. I went with it because it is one of the most nutritious foods, high in good fat (for the brain), low in sugar, and is ready to eat raw. Jars are not for us, and I prefer not to freeze because I want the freshest possible. This classic mill and this new one have become my best friends.

"This is not milk."
For this cake, I tried my first carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and covered it in homemade mm fondant because I cannot get enough of the look. While making this cake, I enjoyed the company and help of my family. Auntie H shredded the carrots, Grandpa sifted the sugar, and Grandma trimmed the fondant and added the embellishments. Baking with your family is so much more fun than doing it alone.

Our little birthday girl playing with her candle

While we were singing to her

Here she is playing with her gift from mama and daddy (hint: It is the only thing she will ever truly need)
It's a Bible.

We wanted to get her one that would be with her for decades to come. While researching, I really enjoyed learning a lot from this blog and ended up getting this one with her name subtly branded on the cover. How sweet to see my baby girl's hands holding her Bible.
Can you guess what this one is? After husband made fun of my first attempt to wrap this one, I went with a more tasteful yet less mysterious wrapping technique.

Playing with her skwish natural from Mommom and Papa

Opening another from Grandma and Grandpa
Here she is sorting her shapes. Well, she is not sorting yet but having a great time anyway.

Trying out her new Plan Toys punch and drop from Grandma and Grandpa.

Playing with her Uncle Goose blocks from Mommom and Papa.

Dear little girl, it has been our greatest pleasure being your parents and look forward to everyday we are blessed to spend with you.

6 comments:

  1. christopher has the same ball punch and skwish (except his is colored)! i love the blocks, where did you get those? i have been meaning to get christopher blocks (he has a few squishy ones from Parents, but they are too babish now). how has she been taking to food? for christopher it was a long transition from 4 mos (baby food)to 12 mos when he started table food. in the beginning it took him forever to finish a small amount of food. great pictures as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so much fun being with babe on her birthday. my favorite part was watching her facial expressions as she first tasted the avocado-i think that picture capured it well!
    -DL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, L. I especially like the block arrangement. Baby M grows ever cuter. Thanks for being such a great hostess for us. We had a blast. -JL

    ReplyDelete
  4. L, I LOVE the wooden high chair. I'm SO jealous! I really want one but since we started solids younger wesley couldn't sit up it one! I HATE the look of plastic high chairs! And I love all the wooden toys-I'm going to try to go in the wooden/knitted toy direction! I think they last so much longer and are simpler (kids don't need all those flashy lights-and neither does my brain!). Happy birthday M!
    PS-does she really wear that bracelet all the time-if so KUDOS-wesley would destroy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw L this is the sweetest blog! God is so good!! What a wonderful birthday for baby M and her family. I like your gift to her, "the only thing she ever will truly need" :) that’s so true. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    love you!
    AC

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. your flowers are gorgeous! Congrats on 3 years of marriage!

    AC

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR