Friday, January 6, 2012

Friends, Family, and Fish

 The view from downtown Monterey, CA.
Our local aquarium was having a free admission week the last month of the year, and I was determined to go see the fish even though it is the busiest of months.


A bjorning man is a great man indeed :)
I can barely get M to take off her rainboots. She loves them so. As she can put them on by herself, I love them too.

Here is M with a new friend from church. It was nice that we were able to meet up with her family. It made the trip extra special to M. Her family has been a great source of joy and comfort during our time out here in CA.
Jumping
and jumping
The ocean water was clearer than I had expected it to be.

These tan colored thin fish were unique as their mouths faced downward.
These sea dragons were beautiful.
Watching the penguins


M has barely worn any other outfit this season. I love it so. I originally got her this same dress in a smaller size from TCP two years ago at a consignment shop. I now scour ebay looking for the matching plaid pieces for the girls. Between the girls I have ten pieces to my "collection." There is a skirt, jumper dress, and formal dress.
After our time at the aquarium, we stopped to have lunch at our favorite Indian cafe recommended by our pastor.
Both girls love the food even though it has some kick.

Beautiful Monterey

9 comments:

  1. Your photos look great! What a beautiful area. Glad to see you are exploring it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L., it looks like a dream living out there! Every picture I see looks like it could be in a magazine.

    I also love M.'s rainboots. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! R and i love the aquarium we can't wait to take T. It's such a great family outing. I Looove sea dragons and you captured such a great photo of them! -AB

    ReplyDelete
  4. You live in a lovely place. Great that you're enjoying the area while you're there. Love the plaid clothes by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to post all these great photos. We look forward to seeing you, M, and Li in April. Love, Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed the photos. Now I know what kind of clothes to look for while I'm out and about! The area looks lovely--great pictures! The girls remind me of you and D. MM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Laura, these are such amazing pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures! Can I ask a weird question- how much does your littlest one weigh? I only ask bc...how are you all able to (comfortably) wear her in a Bjorn?? Are my kids just chunky-monkeys...bc they kill our backs in the Bjorn once they're over 12ish lbs! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. The surrounding area we live in is beautiful!

    Alissa, I love being asked ~real~ mom questions because I am always so curious myself. She is on the petite side for her age at 20 pounds. I think she feels less heavy than younger babies because her weight is not the dead weight and because she is longer in length. If I am not mistaken I think my husband and I are a little taller than you and that might also make a big difference. I will admit that after 30 minutes I start to feel the weight of the carrier. Thanks for the question.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR