Tuesday, January 24, 2012

VA Friends in CA!

After visiting visiting with Grandma for two days, we were on the road again and traveled a few hours to see these friends. Once I heard the word that we were moving to CA, seeing these smiling faces was on the top of my list of things to see in CA;)  We met at our VA church back in 2008. I felt that she was a friend at first sight. From the moment I met her with her first little newborn son wrapped in her arms and her Navy husband by her side, I knew she was a kindred spirit. I wished we could have  more time together in VA, but baby timing made our visits few but sweet. By the time one of us was recovered from birth and ready to face the world again with an infant, the other was newly pregnant and home bound and then the cycle repeated :)

Together we chatted a million miles a minute as we walked to the park.
A seesaw! They still make them?!
E loves the swing and her daddy's silly faces. We are enjoying seeing more of E's personality. She is as adventurous as they come while M was cautious. It is not too far off to say that M just started to enjoy swings.

I adore this silly shot.
It was a joy to see these friends and an all-around perfect day. We originally had different plans, but these were far better as it freed us to catch up on life while walking to the park and hanging out in her living room. As the Navy would have it, her husband was on duty that day. But thankfully N was able to go visit with him on his ship that evening.

After we left their house, we drove into a shopping center. As we rounded the corner, we saw a Chick-Fil-A! I almost shed a tear at a sight I hadn't seen in 100 days; it was as if the earth had shrunk and for five minutes I was back home. An even more funny side note~ While I am going through the drive-thru, my husband decides to make a phone call to someone he hadn't spoken to in a long time. I had not yet ordered and was hit with the conundrum of what to do. Do I shout "An order of number 8, a fruit salad, and a watered-down lemonade" just as his friend picks up, or do I wait in the line and drive around the Chick-Fil-A without ordering at all? I decided to keep quiet and drive around the building and then drive around and order once he got off the phone. Lesson learned.

6 comments:

  1. I so love hearing all these tales! I'm laughing histerically with the phone call...I think are husbands are similar ;) Keep the stories and funny side notes coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet blog. Enjoyed pictures of Lissy's reaction. Are there no Chick Fil A's in Monterrey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you all got to get together. I miss you guys!! And, I still haven't written you a thank you, but your little "surprise" letter and "meal" that we got from you in the mail was sooo thoughtful! I confess it made me shed a few tears when I opened it!!:) Hope you are settling in well (I don't get on here much, but I'll try to keep up!:])!! RM

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW so fun! Everyone looks so happy :) Great post. --a.barr

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love catching up with you all and hearing how gracious our Father is to bring His children together even from the ends of the earth!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR