Her birthday dinner was a feast worthy of Thanksgiving, and Grandma made her a delicious coconut cake. As we encircled the dining room table and started to sing to her she broke down in tears. Apparently we don't sing very well. We started over and tried again which ended in the same result. Having kids is so healthy for the heart because they are always making you smile and laugh. You just never know how they will react sometimes.
For birthdays and gifts in general, we prefer to give fewer nicer gifts that are made well and should last many years. This year the "fewer" meant one gift. I spent her birthday eve (our 4th wedding anniversary!) surrounded by our families constructing her present. Between nursing the baby and eating meals (prepared by our mothers), it took me all day. Can you tell what I'm building?
A few hours later
She thought I was making a chair.
Our little chef at her kitchen with her Plan Toy veggies. I had been searching for a while to find a solid wood kitchen rather than the "wood" you see in most stores today. So far I have been very pleased with this kitchen set, and I am hoping that it will bring hours and hours of imaginative play for many years and for many kids to come. As you can see the kitchen is too tall for our little girl. I was pleased that this kitchen was built tall so that she still has room to grown into it. As I was debating between this set and the smaller version I decided to go with this one because it boasted more counter space. What cook doesn't wish for more counter space! Its oval design is to facilitate play among children. Little baby E are you ready to cook yet?
Sometimes we let her play on a stool. If you haven't heard me mention it before, I love Plan Toys!
I cant believe it has been four years since your wedding!! congrats!! M looks so cute playing in her little kitchen set
ReplyDeleteNice pictures L. I was so glad I was there to witness that because it was so funny. Just looking at the pictures of M made me laugh out loud. I guess we were really that bad ...
ReplyDelete-JL
i love plan toys too as you know. didn't know they make a kitchen set. i also really like pottery barn's wooden kitchen. she's going to get hours and hours of fun out of that!
ReplyDeleteI guess I shouldn't have been singing loud enough for her to hear. MR
ReplyDeleteMy kids would FREAK OUT for a kitchen- they LOVE cooking and creating...even if it's only w/bits of ripped construction paper and an old pot! ;)
ReplyDeleteThat kitchen set brings back memories.... I LOVED those things when I was a kid. Except mine weren't made of nice wood! I remember I had a plastic set, but it suited me fine. Yours should def stand the test of time, and all your kids will be able to use it. Too cute.
ReplyDelete--DH