The beauty of yellow leaves! 35 weeks
Because of the baby's due date, both Christmas and Thanksgiving travel were out of the question. So, last week we went up to visit our families and friends for the last time before baby's arrival. It was surreal saying good bye with the thought that I will see my baby girl before I see them again. We really had a wonderful time visiting with all who could see us. Since we grew up in the same church and our parents still go to church together and even work together, when we are with one set of parents we are generally with the other set as well. That is just how it has always been for us, yet I am realizing more and more how rare that it and what a blessing it is to have our families living in the same area so that with one trip we can see them all. With N's family we went to the art museum. We haven't been there in years and that made it especially sweet. It was great seeing everyone. We really miss you all down here.
I am now 36 weeks and feeling more and more ready. Last Wednesday, at my 36 week appointment I measured to be 1cm dilated. That was a great wake up call that his girl could really be here any day. So I have gotten much progress done on the nursery and packing this week. The packing is odd though because there is so much I will want with me that I am using day to day such as toiletries and certain clothing items. There are definitely certain things that I do not use day to day, and they were easy enough to pack up.
Time has been going by very quickly these last few weeks. I want to be a more regular blogger (at least once a week) and by the time I get on to blog again I realize it has been over a week and in this case two weeks. I am thinking I should just carve out specific days of the week say Mondays and Fridays and just do it so that it becomes part of my routine and so that you out there would know when to check my blog. Thank you to all who are reading and especially those friends of mine who comment. I really enjoy being able to interact with you through this blog. VA is great in so many ways, but it lacks my dear NJ friends. I had been a stealth reader on certain blogs for years and never commented. Looking back I guess I just felt that I did not know them well enough or that what I had to say was silly. Now that the tables are turned, I have become a much better commenter because I realized that saying something even if it silly is so much more appreciated than saying nothing at all. And I do always post pics so at least you could comment on them even if it is really silly.
Monday I will plan on getting up more pics of the nursery progress.
look forward to seeing nursery pics! i just posted new ones on my blog as well, the others were so blurry.
ReplyDeleteI do like these museum pics. It so made me want to be there myself, seeing all the familiar spots. And it was funny how you stuck in Monet's pic just for kicks. :) All of them look very fallish. I don't think you overdo it with the pics-- I really don't. it's YOUR blog, after all! you can fill it with anything you want! Btw, I was at Stratford this past sunday playing the piano and I saw your families.
ReplyDelete--DH
m- I loved seeing your new pics, and i was so happy that you uploaded a video to fb. Do you ever think you will upload videos to your blog? I know some mothers who do and think that I might do that also.
ReplyDeleteDH- I have always loved that Monet painting! I find it amazing that such a famous painting is in that museum. Of all the things we have done together- we have never been there. funny. Thank you for enjoying the pictures. We are girls- how could we not love pictures? Thank you for playing- I know that it takes you away from your friends/ family but that they really do appreciate it. Thank you for commenting- I guess I am feeling very thankful today- lol
ReplyDeleteL-it was so easy to upload the video and i put that one together in mins! can't wait till your babe come to see her! i want to post it to my blog, but got conflicting messages from people. some feel that fb is safer bc only my friends can view it. however, who i'd really like to see it (chris' fam) can only view my blog. so i came to the conclusion that i will post videos on the blog, but not show the specfic locations for safetly reasons. so i am going to do a new video without the view of his room and post to the blog. one of the things i am REALLY looking forward to doing is posting a video tour of our new house (excluding the outside) for all to see!
ReplyDeletebtw, i am also going to post more select pics on my blog. the new nursery ones are only on there and pics like that i'm not going to upload to fb anymore for simplicity.
M- Well, than I will be looking forward to new videos soon! We, just got our camcorder so I have to get that out and see how it works in time for baby. I am wondering though if for internet posting purposes uploading video from my regular camera will be easier- L
ReplyDeleteit will be.
ReplyDeletemj
M- Thank you for the truth- lr
ReplyDelete