Friday, October 31, 2008

Me...34 Weeks?!?! Better Start Packing

D, you will be happy to notice my hair is actually down :)

Husbands can be sneaky with cameras.
And the hair is back- and look I am wearing jeans. How crazy is that!
Almost there- no that face is not on purpose

There we go! The background of the rustic dock and crane was a stretch for my taste, but it is working for now and can always be cropped or photo shopped away.

I am now 34 weeks. I am simply amazed that in 6 weeks we will be seeing our daughter. She has been really busy as of recently, and I have greatly enjoyed all her sweet "dancing" as N calls her kicks and squirms. I love feeling her move. There are times that she is really moving a lot and forcefully and by the time N comes around to feel a second later the show is over. I do wonder if it is the sound of my voice that makes her stop. We have been playing Brahms' Lullaby to her. It was my favorite as a child. Many say that babies at this age can remember music. So I thought it would be a fun idea to see if her reactions to it are different than to other similar pieces.

All of a sudden I noticed that strangers were complimenting me on my wedding bands. The thought crossed my mind that it was because I just cleaned them. I mentioned it to N, and his explanation was that more people are inclined to check to see if I am wearing any now that I am toting around a baby belly. Anyone think that makes sense? Since baby, I have been extra careful to always wear them even though they are less comfortable to wear these days just for that reason. I have seen pregnant women wear their rings around their necks. I am not there yet, but I completely understand.

I gained two new commenters last post!!!-- and I plan on keeping them. hint. hint. Thank you girls! And to all those stealth readers out there, I would love to hear from you too even if you just want to make fun of my hair or smile.

10 comments:

  1. you really look pregnant now! i like your hair down too. chris ALWAYS made sure i wore my wedding rings when i was preggers. its true people look to see if you married when they see your expecting. i know i do (hehe). i don't wear my rings during the day, when i'm at home bc i'm obsessed with keeping them clean(i clean them every two weeks, how about you?) and many times i will forget to put them on when i leave. i can't do that any more with a baby bc i think people still look for the rings! lately when i go out with my family without chris i am always worried that people might not know i'm married (i still look like one of my parents kids)! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. M- I do love when they are clean and really sparkling. I have had special little electric cleaners in the past but they barely did anything. It is so nice going to the jewelers and getting them done professionally. One of these days I think I might get a cleaner that actually works. Thanks to you and the baby I always take them off when I am home, and that has really made the cleanings last longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey L, I think that you look beautiful in your new pictures, and I love your HAIR!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liz!! Thanks for reading and commenting. I really appreciate it. Sometimes it feels as if I am talking to the air, but then the comments remind me that yes my friends are reading after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think you look really nice in your pictures too, i love the background! i have an ammonia based cleaner. it's o.k. i want to try to get mine pro cleaned at least once a year. it's hard to find the time. have you ever thought of getting your re-plated (i think that's what they call it)? my engagement ring has yellowed somewhat over time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. people definitely check for you ring when you are pregnant (which can get ugly i learned, as i didnt have rings on the first go round) i dont know if i ever told you the story about my mom almost giving an obnoxious old nosy lady a beatdown.. JR

    ReplyDelete
  7. M- Once or twice I have gotten my engagement ring polished and rhodium plated including a cleaning. It cost about $15. So it wasn't that bad, but I do hate leaving it there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. J- Oh my! Seems like a great story. I haven't gotten any really rude comments through this pregnancy. But I do get the "I could never have kids now." As if getting pregnant is like catching the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, i am proud that you left your hair down-- it is an accomplishment these days. and i highly suspect nate is right about the ring-- since you're so young and pretty with a baby, i do think people would tend to look to see if you're hitched as well. btw, did i tell you that my mom loved your blog? i think i did, so now you have a new fan. :)
    love, dan

    ReplyDelete
  10. DH- I am particularly excited about my new "fan" and hope to hear from her soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR