Monday, September 1, 2014

Falling for Rhode Island

The Navy has shipped us off to Rhode Island for a half a year from July to February. It came by no surprise that we were coming here as this school is mandatory for N's position, yet it has still been difficult for me to wrap my head around coming and moving away in such a short time period.  My little taste of the area six years ago while pregnant with baby M was all I needed to know that Newport was a place with so much to see and do while the weather is temperate. So far we have enjoyed seeing so much already. I am trying to keep us out and about while we have the opportunity with this beautiful weather.

We found a gem of a beach with clear and very calm water for the little ones. The beach is at a marina so it never feels isolated, yet the three times we have visited so far it has never had more than a family or two on the beach giving us plenty of room to explore and to create.

 The girls have started to enjoy climbing on the rocks. The sky was so blue!







 Lil toes on tiny pebbles. Depending on the tide, the sand by the waves is either soft and tan or contains tiny multicolored pebbles. I was pleased and surprised how all the kids enjoyed the texture of the pebbles without voicing any complaints. 




2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures. Im glad the kids are appreciating all the seaside has to offer. Today is our 1st day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely beautiful. The pictures came out really well too-- colors very vibrant. Does your comment about the climate mean that winter weather is pretty bad? =/ I am thinking about when Andrew and I could visit, and perhaps we would have to make it sooner than later!
    --Danielle Y

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR