With baby due to arrive in five weeks, I am getting increasingly interested to see who my baby number three will look like. Years before we were even married I wondered what our children would look like. At the age of sixteen in biology class, I remember doing a Punnette square to see what our chances of blue eyes would be. When our M came, I was very surprised with how fair she was as my husband is half Indian and I am half Italian. When E came, I thought she would have hair (because of the heartburn) but it was still surprising to me as she wasn't a baldy like my first newborn. Here are a few comparison pictures of the girls. It was less complicated going back and finding comparison pictures as their birthdays are only twenty days apart. I have seen some friend post similar pictures and their newborns look like identical twins. My girls' hair gives them away immediately even to a three year old. It is fun to hear our families talk of how each baby looks like their side of the family and see them pull out a photo of evidence which if you squint your eyes you might notice some resemblance. Both sides take claim for the curly hair ;) For me, I think that my first born looks like my mil with her English roots and large eyes and rounded features. For my second, the jury is still out on whether her dark features and copious amounts of hair are of Italian or Indian roots.
Moments old ~ not so surprising from these pictures they both were finger suckers.
Going home ~ born at 5lb 6oz fifteen days early and 7lb 3oz zero days early
Hair shots at under a week old
A few days old
Four weeks old for their birth announcement photos
One month old
Four months old
Five months old
1st birthday ~ first taste of solid food
Seventeen months old
Twenty months
Sisters ~ 3.5 years and 1.5 years
I think that M looks much older than O in the 12 month pictures even though they are both the same age there! Bottom line, they're both so beautiful and so unique!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you share your family. Those girls are so darling! We miss you all, L, every Sunday. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThey are both so pretty! They do look like sisters but have some different features. Like M hair is light then E. M looks alot like you but has your husband eyes. I love E hair so pretty! I hope my babies have alot of hair.
ReplyDeleteHad no idea no. 3 was on the way, congratulations!!! I am SO itching to see what ours looks like. I'm dark featured too (hair and eyes) and my hubby is blonde and blue. Your girls are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love the comparison. I often times find myself going back to pictures of my boys at the same age and comparing their looks. It's so fascinating. It's also fascinating how early you can tell the differences in personality. M.'s eyes are laid back, cautious, and sweet. E.'s eyes are full of adventure, bright,and joyous. I cannot wait to see what your BOY will look like... light like M. or dark like E.! Or maybe he'll come out a red head like ours!!!
ReplyDeleteThe car seat difference is amazing! Definitely look like sisters. It's so interesting how sisters look alike, but not identical.
ReplyDeleteI love this entry! such a good idea and so sweet. I can't get over how much hair E had at under a week!! I think i would be very surprised too if my second has lot's of hair because T had (still has) so little! I love the "Going Home" picture's - such tiny and such amazing gifts it takes me back to the day i took T home. I'm getting so excited for you :) love- AB
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteI really don't think the girls look alike at all (though D does not agree with me) but both so sweet and pretty in their own unique way. I really enjoyed the blog. I'm already looking forward to next year(?) when you do the comparisons again. MM
They do not look alike! But they are both very sweet. :) -A. Stewart
ReplyDelete