This hat helped to keep mama sunburn free.
M had a particularly delightful time playing with their four girls which are all within five years of her age, and I was able to greatly enjoy myself as their older boys lent a hand in taking care of her.
E loves the water! Our little one is braver than I would wish her to be. She is eight months old now and is two inches taller than M was at her age.
The lake house and the water that surrounded the peninsula were beautiful.
My mom and I found these bathing suits on O.N. clearance last summer before babe was born.
She spent most of the time playing with the little girls while in her baby float. It was a pleasure that the shoreline was shallow for a ways out into the water. She enjoyed the lapping waves. E also enjoyed the motion of the gentle waves and fell asleep in her float.
Here they are on the peninsula's point.
Happy silly baby!
Our little goldilocks
PS. Right after these photos, I put the girls in their rash guards and sunhats. While moderate sun exposure is essential for vitamin D, I do try to prevent too much sun exposure and protect their sensitive skin. At home we always go for our swim after 6 pm so that we don't have to concern ourselves with the sun.
What are rashguards? Do you not like to use sunscreen? For the boys I have them wear SPF protected shirts (but they are short sleeved) and use sunscreen on the other areas. I always wonder if that's enough protection or not. They have such fair skin.
ReplyDeleteL the little one looks just like Danielle! so cute!
ReplyDeleteDanasia Guyton
They're so gorgeous L! I think they're both such an interesting combination of both you and N. I can see both of you in them, but they also have their own looks too! I can't wait to see how they grow!
ReplyDeleteThose suits are SO cute and modest! It's nice to see little girls in cute one pieces instead of bikinis! I plan on keeping my little girl modest at such a tender age!
Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Pretty pictures! Pretty girls! I'm just gah gah for little girls these days :) can't wait to see my little girl :) -AB
ReplyDeleteWe did have such a nice time with the Henriquez. Little do people know that you had the girls in those outfits just long enough to take their pictures (and to absorb some Vit D)!
ReplyDeletemommom
Thank so much! I had fun snapping away these pictures of them.
ReplyDeleteRash guards are just another name for swim shirts. Although I use sunscreen when necessary, I would not call myself a fan of it because it gets in the kid's eyes and usually is made out of an assortment of harsh chemicals. For us I rather go outside after the sun is out and shield them with clothes. I prefer zinc sunscreens which are ever so hard to rub in too. I also like them to get moderate sun exposure without sunscreen so that they may get enough vit D but not when it is midday or long exposure.
What are your thoughts?
Oh my gosh, I love their little bathing suits!!! Haha. The little tutu part is so adorable. But where are the pics that are of us all at the beach??
ReplyDelete--DH
These are probably my favorite pictures of your girls ever! Most people find it hard to pull off yellow, but your girls are darling in it! Love the ones of M. and your hat!
ReplyDelete