Monday, July 18, 2011

From This Day Forward

N and I had the joy of attending a dear friend's wedding in June. She and her family are precious to me, and it was a privilege to be able to share in their joy on her wedding day. I was very thankful N was home and able to take a few vacation days to travel up north. As it was our first real date since E's birth along with my birthday month, my dear husband treated me to a new dress, an updo, and a mani/pedi.


by MJ Photography

Details




His

I loved the fit, flow, and cobalt blue color of my dress. Along with my wedding bands, I wore the promise ring N gave me at seventeen, my honeymoon pendent, and my anniversary earrings for this special occasion. 
       
These gifts I gave to N for his 21st birthday, graduation, and wedding day. Can you guess which is which?




























I greatly enjoyed my first mani/pedi since my 21st birthday over four years ago. Too bad polished nails are not a requirement for my line of work ;)  Here is my hair before the beautician pulled it up. After they go through all the work of curling my hair before the updo, I always get the impulse to have them leave it down and flowing. How many pins did it take to go from down to up?


Here is the fruit of over an hour of labor and over sixty bobbypins. I was pleased with the shape and over all style. My hair's coarseness makes it very difficult to worth with.

We got dressed, kissed our babies goodbye, and made our way to downtown Delaware. The ceremony was beautiful. The church itself was breathtaking and the music in particular was ethereal.  How sweet it was to see a friend become a wife!

Before 6 pm

The two of us in our evening wear at the Hotel DuPont. I adore seeing my husband in his tux.
 By MJ Photography

My favorite aspect of this evening was being able to spend time with my dear friends. I used to have the privilege of seeing these girls almost everyday and now am blessed if I see them twice a year. Spending time with them and their beautiful smiling faces was a great source of blessing to me while I was a newlywed with a deployed husband several years ago. They are all gorgeous sisters of the bride. My greatest joy that evening was feeling as if the years had not passed. My, have they all grown up so lovely!

MJ, you looked amazing! I cannot believe you are 24 weeks pregnant in this picture!
by MJ Photography

The beautiful bride!!  May the Lord bless you on all you do, E &C! 
 by Enchanting Creations

The cocktail hour was delicious and so elegant.
I had to share a few architectural aspects of this historic hotel.
The gorgeous bride and groom! I feel that I spent half the night sneaking a glimpse of this beautiful bride in her breathtaking gown. E, you were amazingly stunning and glowing! Your dress was as beautiful as it gets! Thank you for asking me to be there to assist with the gown bustling. It meant so much to me :)

The tables were decorated with the loveliest rose bouquets. I can smell them now!

 I chose the filet of beef while N chose the salmon. When given a choice of entree, it is our tradition to always order different ones from each other. Our first course was scallops in the most delicious sauce.

Look how lovely the cake is! I love the simplistic beauty of fondant cakes.
A little while after the dancing had begun, we were ushered to sit back at our tables for a "dessert surprise."  I didn't hear the word dessert when it was announced and was extra excited for a surprise. I don't think I've been so excited for a surprise in years. This surprised didn't disappoint either! It was a baked Alaska Flambe show. The waiters circled around the ballroom with trays of cakes on fire. It was amazing! I never even heard of such a thing! It tasted just as lovely as it looked. I really enjoyed that we were ushered to sit back down again and that everyone at the table ate the cake together. It was one of my favorite moments of the day.




The Venetian hour dessert room was filled with the loveliest treats. A few days ago I was joking with my husband that I was craving not a cupcake or a cookie but a whole Venetian dessert room.  For this lover of sweets~ it was a special treat to be able to taste all these delightful sweets at one time. While we were leaving they set out little cake boxes to take some sweets home. What a special touch!


My handsome hubby :)
by MJ Photography







7 comments:

  1. You took amazing photos L! And you looked amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your pictures, especially the collage ones! I'm so glad you posted a cocktail hour and cake flaming picture. I didn't get to see the cocktail hour or take pics of the cakes.

    You're dress was gorgeous. I adore that shade of blue. I find your jewelry pieces and their occasions so interesting. I wish I had a honeymoon pendant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful post L! and i really love the pictures! you dress was so pretty and you looked beautiful! and of course you and N look very cute together!

    xoxo
    Petchie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of your dress. It is unusual. (I would have taken a picture of the letter box too!)
    SBarr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You and N make such a nice-looking couple-MM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray- a new post, and a wonderful one at that! You and N are a beautiful couple- how fun that you got an up-do and mani/pedi. Also, I LOVE the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, L! You look sooooo beautiful in that dress!! Love it, love it! (I can't believe it had been 4 yrs since you got a mani/pedi. For shame! ;D )
    --DH

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR