Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Highlight of My Summer

     One of the greatest highlights of my summer this year was a week long visit from a best friend. In order to express what she means to me now and how blessed I was by her visit, I firstly wanted to show you what she has meant to me over the years.

     Here we are at summer camp in 1998 after just having turned 11 and 12. I find it very fitting that this silly and awkward picture is the first one I could find of just us. We barely knew each other but shared a mutual best friend.
     By the end of high school everything had changed, and we were two peas in a pod. During high school we bonded over two things~missing our best friend who moved away and surviving co-op biology class together. In 2004 we shared a fun evening at the senior formal at 17 and 16 years old.
The next year at her high school graduation.
 
  In 2006 she was by my side at my bridal shower
and by my side as a bridesmaid.
I was ecstatic she supported me at my college graduation ceremony (aka most boring invention ever).
 Being silly in 2007 at her birthday bash
Fulfilling a childhood dream~ We had a blast doing this together, and she was a great rock to me during this time that my newlywed husband was sailing the seven seas on his first deployment.
 She came to visit me in the spring after our move to Virginia. This picture was taken during a wonderful day exploring the Norfolk Botanical Gardens together while I was 16 weeks pregnant with baby M.
My baby shower in 2008
 
 The next year she made it down to visit me again in VA, and we were off to the gardens.
In 2010 we had the shared joy of seeing a friend get married. (I was 17 weeks with baby E and just starting to feel her first kicks.)
My dear beautiful friend, thank you for all you have been to me!

3 comments:

  1. AAHHH L THIS WAS SO WONDERFUL TO SEE!!! What a happy surprise and reminder of good times to see this snapshot of our years together!! I loved seeing these. And I totally got a kick out of our first awkward picture. That pic is SO reminiscent of the clothes I would wear constantly: matching tee-shirt outfits with high tops and gym socks. YEAH. You know, you and I could totally fill a whole album of memories over the years. What a true blessing, and one that I so cherish!! LOVE YOU.
    --D

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAWWWW...... such a good walk down memory lane! I know Danielle has been a treasured friend to me for almost 20 years now and it was a blessing to see the moments you both shared together growing up. Very sweet! You both are special ladies. I was happy the picture from my wedding made the cut! lol miss you both!!! love you lots!!! -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a best friend all the memories that go with her!

    My husband is working towards his Master's In Library and Information Science. Hoping to land a job in a college/university library in the next year or so.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR