Monday, August 31, 2009

Smelling the Roses in Atlanta

On our way to Mississippi , we stayed the night at an Air Force base in Atlanta so that the next morning we might have a little while at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. The $15 adult admission was free to us because our local botanical garden participates in the American Horticultural Society's reciprocal admissions program. Below is husband and babe among the pretty walkway and under the city's skyline.

We were blessed with beautiful weather. It was perfectly sunny and warm with a refreshing cool breeze.

Inside the hothouse

Isn't this picture really neat? Husband took it, and his skill surprised me because he is not into photography. It was taken in the same hothouse as the picture above it. There were these interesting thin rope like plants dangling through most of the hothouse.

These orchids were amazing! Have you ever seen so many? It was a feast for my eyes as these are my favorite flower next to roses.

I wonder what she is looking at?
I love this shot, and her expression is really funny.

Husband is exploring a fragrance garden with baby. This is one of my all time favorite pictures of the two of them!
Mommy and babe under the gazebo

Daddy and babe under the same gazebo. Daddies are just more fun!We had a wonderful time while in Atlanta. On our way to the gardens we drove along a few streets with beautiful old homes. They were not only massive but also had a lot of character and unique beauty. I would have loved to stay in the city longer, yet we had to get driving to MS.

5 comments:

  1. chris has also surprised me by taking a few real "artsy" pics even though he not into photography. baby looks like a victorian little girl in the shot with your hubby! the gardens look beautiful and it's great you took advantage of the free admission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about Chris. Although I love taking pictures and try to take nice ones, I do not have an artistic touch to my pictures. Thank you. Victorian is my favorite way to dress her. I think it is certainly attainable/easy to dress her that way, but then I think that if husband and I are in anything but our Sunday best we look a little silly next to her. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these pics are cute. i like the one that you said was one of your all-time favs with baby and N. i don't understand his artsy photo though-- what are those lines??? i can't believe what a perfect baby you have!! she has such perfect little features. i'm writing this from my laptop in my new room at school! i've had such a hard time connecting with you!! I'm going to call you right now. :P
    --DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite is the picture with the orchids. i think the picture looks better cropped so you can see you and the babe better. -HR

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the pictures especially when you click on them to enlarge them. Nice one of N and babe. Babe looks too cute with that bow. You should have her model her "victorian" clothes. Have you sent them to J?
    MmMm

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR