Along with children come many questions on how to raise them. How will we train them up to be godly children? How will we vaccinate? How will they be schooled? How much sweets will we allow? What will we allow them to play with? Sometimes it takes much research to find an answer to a parenting question, sometimes they come and smack you in the face ( not the children of course. lol) , and sometimes it is fun and trivial process arriving at an answer. With our baby girl, I have had a delightful time answering the question of what she will wear. Dressing her up reminds me of being ten all over again and playing house. My four favorite styles to dress her in are white dresses, white outfits with pink flourishes, red, and patriotic stars and stripes. She does indeed have outfits that do not fall into one of these four styles, but for the most part that is how I dress her. You might think my style boring, yet it is working well for me. As time passes, I have realized that I would rather see her in the same two outfits for a week then put her in an outfit I do not like that much. That really says a lot about who I am. I'll delightfully wear the same necklace for weeks without getting bored of it. In the four times I have had my nails done, I have only gotten french manicures. I have a difficult time ordering something new at a resturant in the fear that I will not like it as much as what I had last time. I don't need that much variety and love predictability. Having a naval officer as a husband has taught me that predictability is to be treasured as a rare and special treat.White dresses are my favorite!! Here she is at a month old in her baptismal gown. Maybe that does not really count as a example as most baptismal gowns are white, yet I just love this picture of the two of us.

Here she is at 5 months in her Easter dress and bonnet.

Here she is in ivory and pink.
Trying out grass for the first time in white and pink.
Stars and stripes at the beach
Sailor dresses could be in a category all by themselves. I love them so! Her dear Auntie H gave her this one and the next size up too. I am greatly looking forward to have a little baby boy matching her as well.

I love wearing red dresses and love putting them on baby as well. Here she is at one month old in her Christmas finest opening her bitty. This was before she owned any bows. How silly to be a baby girl and not own any bows!!! She looks soooo bald without any hair accessory and so much dress for such a little baby.
Baby in Valentine's Day outfit with her dark blue eyes which are much more brown now.

Sleepy lady in red
she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
ReplyDeletewill you dress your children in matching clothes? my family always did that and i never liked it, so i want to avoid doing that. i will dress them in similar clothes (everyone in jeans, pink dresses different styles, etc) but not exact bc individuality is important to me and i think matchy matchy can get showy. i might dress them exactly alike for christmas or easter or some special occasion though.
ReplyDeletelove the patrotic clothes on her! wish i had $$ so i could get some things like that for my boy.
Thank you!! I love identical outfits for special occasions and holidays. Yet, I know that it can be very expensive because in order to find the same outfit in the correct sizes you have to buy them as soon as they come out and not wait till sales, clearence, or are in consignment shops. I am really in to coordinating styles as you mentioned, mj. I think it works very well for Sundays and family outings. That is much easier to do, much cheaper, and still photographs very nicely.
ReplyDeleteI love love her patriotic dress!! I had a sailor dress when I was really young and my brothers all had sailor suits! My grandma bought them for the three older boys when they were young and they ended up being passed down to the younger boys and my dress was passed to my sister. It's so cool to look and the pictures now! :) L you have a great sense of style baby always looks so adorable but never over done. I’ve never put any thought into how I would dress my kids… I’m not really sure what my style is, but you have the gift of knowing exactly what you like/ what the little things that make you happy and you’re content with those things that you have.
ReplyDeletelove, AC
i like how more personal this blog was-- you talked more about yourself instead of what you've done, like we talked about. honestly, i like baby in white of course, but i think the patriotic wear is stunning!! what with the bathingsuit and the sailor suit (which i take to be patriotic), she looks like a pretty little doll.
ReplyDelete--DH
PS: POST OUR PICS ON FACEBOOK!!!!