Saturday, July 11, 2009

I Love Pictures

Mama and babe at 6 monthsThank you, AC, for encouraging me to get more pictures of the two of us. I wasn't planning to get my picture taken this time, but I hopped right in when they asked if that is what I wanted.


Everyone says mothers take more pictures of their first baby than any other. I surely have been taking a boatload of pictures of sweet baby girl, and I have taken to get professional pictures more times than months she has been with us. I have been able to get so many professional pictures of her largely in part to the promotions running at J C Penney. They have a wonderful military family deal which gives me a free 8by10, free sittings for unlimited people, free mini digital pictures (the ones you see here) and $4 dollar sheets. And I remember to use my $3 off post sitting survey coupon. On average, I walk away with four sheets for $9 dollars. So far I have gone every month. laugh if you must. It is my monthly splurge. So much fun for thirty cents a day! She was not a happy little one for her seventh month sitting. So I ended up walking away with only two sheets for a grand total of $1.20. The photographer was really trying her best with my fussy little one and was so sweet to us even after only spending a mere dollar. For those of you who are not military, they have the 4 dollar sheet coupons online which includes one free sitting. If you have more than one babe or want to do family pictures as well, a 2 year membership (approx $25) gives you free sitting fees for your whole family. I hope to be able to take just as many pictures of our next babes, yet the amount of professional pictures will greatly depend on how reasonably I can find them.

Auntie and baby at 4 months

Family Easter 2009

It is really very important to me that we always get family Christmas and Easter pictures. Our first attempt at Easter pictures turned into a mommy and baby shoot because N got detained at work and was not able to even call me to tell me he was going to miss the 7 pm appointment. I completely understood but was not deterred from getting our family picture. He then went away for week, and we were finally able to try again about two weeks after the holiday. As deployments get in the way of spending many holidays together, I am determined to get the family pictures in before or after the holiday whichever is closer.

My two loves

Melt my heart
Sitting up at 6 months

Touching her toes at 6 monthsSweet

Our cutie at 6 months
Here is my little girl in my mother's baptismal silk gown holding her new silver rattle at 7 months. FYI. Yes, J C Penneys does have more than just plain white backgrounds and do offer many cute props. I shy away from backgrounds/props because I think they often take the focus off the child or date the photos. ("That is so 2009") I go for the classic "props" such as pink bows and silver rattles. Surprised? I think not :)

2 comments:

  1. i think the 7mo pics came out really great even though she's not smiling. they look very reflective. i have only gotten pro pics twice, at 2 weeks and 4mos and i will get them at 12mos. i find i am more pleased with the ones i take. i will always get christmas/easter pics professionally though bc it's too hard getting someone to get them of our whole fam. i use an $7.99 coupon at pennies and get 2 8x10's, 2 5x7's, 3 4x5's and wallets with no sitting fee. very affordable, but i can only choose one pose :( i tend to choose the plain backgrounds too, white or light blue. the rest look fake or too busy.
    i can't wait to show you christopher's birthday outfit! my MIL got him a white linen bubble suit with light blue trim and a tiny embrodiered b-day cake on it. i'll send you a pic once i get them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LR I'm so glad to see the picture of you and baby:) Even though you weren't planning to be in the picture I'm glad you jumped in because you look great and the picture turned out so well! Baby is really going to treasure pictures like that as she gets older. You and M's post have got me thinking that a profession pictures can really be affordable!It's been soo long since I've been in one i want to get one with my sister or get one of just me to send my marine. Oh! and L I LOVE how you did you hair for the 2009 Easter photo!! love, AC

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR