Saturday, June 20, 2009

Friends, Family, and Flowers

I love gardens and am greatly looking forward to having one of my own (larger than those potted plants on the balcony). We are blessed to have a beautiful large public garden close enough to our house for a sweet day trip.

This is a new friend from church who is also a fellow navy wife. Baby and I had a wonderful day celebrating her birthday with her.

Her husband proposed to her in a similar Japaneses garden.
Silly happy baby sticking out her tongue with dear friend. Baby is so happy but...

then smiles quickly turned to tears as she got pricked by a rose thorn. Poor sweet babe

She even drew blood! So sorry baby
Auntie
The caption speaks for itself :)
Mama, Babe, and Auntie
Sweet
Of all the pretty butterflies we saw, the ugliest one landed on me.
Strangely beautiful
"I do not like this" (baby's first time on grass)

"this is too stressful"
"I want off NOW"
Beautiful auntie stopping to smell the roses
stopping to lick the roses
What's more fashionable than wearing a baby?
Friends
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a flying baby
"I don't think I like this"
I thought these rose trees were beautiful and of course the little baby too.
I love this little girl.

10 comments:

  1. great pictures! baby is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the licking-the-rose one, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. beautiful gardens how lucky you live so near to a photo perfect landscape.
    2. you look great in all the pics, especially love that your wearing earrings. i've been making an effort to put them on more often.
    3. baby looks so sweet and you are beaming as a mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that I was there.It was so much fun seeing the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my mom says she loves the pics! that was so sad about mia getting pricked though-- i feel bad too cause it was on my watch!! such a lovely week. will you post the beach pics too?? that was an important life event for her. :)
    --DH

    ReplyDelete
  6. she looked cute licking the roses. A R

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the pictures you chose, especially the one where she's looking at the flower when she's in the pouch! DL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful place! Looks like so much fun :) I love the picture of you and Danielle; you two look beautiful and the one of you with the butterfly is gorgeous!! It's so funny but Eve was the SAME way about grass- it's the same look haha such girly girls!
    love- AC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and the picture of baby's pricked hand... :( poor little girl! -AC

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the pictures look very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Friends and Family,
Thank you for stopping by and keeping updated with our lives. I feel blessed to be able to share with you although we are so very far away. If you would like to comment, just click on anonymous and leave a note~ LR