
This month is N's birthday month. April is really one of my favorite months because it is when you get the first true feelings of spring, because it is his birthday month, and because we have been blessed to share so many of his birthdays together. We have spent the last 8 years in a row together. Since we do not have a first dating anniversary, and because we have spent his birthdays together for so many years and from the very beginning of our relationship his birthday is truly my favorite day of the year. Because his birthday is during the school year he was guaranteed to be around all college and hs. My birthday being after the school year generally meant that he was seeing the world with the Navy and/or that I was visiting grandma. More often than not my birthday was synonymous with being apart while his was with being together. Here is a peak in to the past and our beginings.
2008- (He is 24/ I'm 21) We were here in Rhode Island while he undergoes Surface Warfare Officer's School. Because he is in the Navy, I am especially grateful that we were able to spend his birthday together. The weather has just been perfect and we are really looking forward to exploring the sites of this city before we trek back home.
2007- (23/20) It was his first married birthday. We were in New Jersey at his parent's home. It was a crazy busy day with school and we squeezed in Chinese takeout and a caravel cake.
2006- (22/19) We spent a quiet Sunday afternoon together.
2005-(21/18) Both of our families celebrated together at his house. He knew I was giving him a really beautiful pen that finished his collection. Since it was his 21st I thought I would also get him a really nice watch. As he is opening what he thinks is his pen, there is the watch and the look on his face was priceless as he says, "But where's the pen." Still gets me laughing 3 years later.
2004-(20/17) My mother and I surprised him at his Navy Spring Review Ceremony.
2003-(19/16) We had a sweet coffee date in the city his first birthday in college.
2002-(18/15) It was the spring before college. We went to a baseball game, went out for dinner, and went shopping all with my mom. haha.
2001-(17/14) The Sunday before I remember scheming about how to be together for his birthday. The perfect situation came out to be a tutoring one. So that Tuesday my parent's dropped me off at his house and he helped me edit and brainstorm about a research paper.
That is so cool that you remember everything you did for the last 8 years! I have to do that for some occasion. You have to write it down and put together pics and momentos for each year and put it into a scrapbook. I'm sure you kids would love looking at it one day.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great idea. and thankfully I do have years worth of mementos.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete2009- we thought he would be out to sea, so I was in nj, but he drove all the way by himself so we would be together.
ReplyDelete2010- I was sick as could be with baby #2. I remember going to taco bell eating in the car reclined with a limeade
2011- Had our families together for Easter in VA did lots of yard work
2012- went out for Indian in Monterey, CA with pregnancy #3